Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Enter the Awesome

Right now I've got the flu like Brett's mum has herpes: Viscously (not a typo). Don't ask me what that means, I'm having a fever dream.


It was only two years ago, or maybe a bit more... couldn't be bothered checking wiki, that Metal Gear Solid 4 came out. The final episode in the Metal Gear Saga at least chronologically, was awesome despite the Internet hate it gets now, and I blogged the fuck out of it.
Now, the part sequel/part side story is coming here in less than a week and of course, it will be awesome. The size and members of the design team is supposedly the same as that for MGS4 so it's got to be hella good.
I can pretty much guarantee that I will get more joy out of this game than anything western developed, something about the Japanese dedication to making a game that works and has it's own rules over the western ideals of making it look good and showing off how much money was spent on it just speaks to me.

Anyway what I've been meaning to say is that recently there has been a drought of good Japanese games here. But within the space of a month we are getting: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Super Mario Galaxy 2 Kieren is going crazy over and (the long awaited by me) Dragon Quest IX (For Daniel, that's the series the creators of Shining Force originally worked on. If you recall an anime game I was once playing where when your party members died in battle they would follow you around in little coffins, that was DQVIII).


Also just announced and coming out tomorrow, is the Megaman Zero collection:




Four of the GBA's best platformers (supposedly) on one cart. I played a bit of the second game and it was quite awesome.

So there is my gaming wishlist for the rest of the year and partway into next.

2 comments:

  1. My copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 shipped yesterday, so that countdown is under way.

    As for the Mega Man game, that actually looks like the perfect accompaniment to a Singaporean jaunt, and, according to both Wikipedia and PalGN, it comes out here tomorrow.

    So if you want to attempt to track it down from somewhere at less than fifty bucks, let me know,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you I was in sydney weekend of the 19th? I can't remember.

    Scarefest hey, sounds scary. Zombieland is great, so is bad taste. Bad taste is low budget, gross out great.

    If i have a beverage i'll watch anything. Brett's mum anything...awww yea

    ReplyDelete