Friday, May 7, 2010

Dudes fixing the house with loud power tools + Need to do assignment = brain damage

Alright, it is well and truly past Wednesday but in my defence I had to sit in two hours of traffic at Parramatta and then was angry.


So here is my slagging of the RPG so big, that other RPGS that came out that month were turned on by it:

White Knight Chronicles:

^When you see it, you won't be able to not see it ever again.

Anyway what's so bad about FFXIII?

- It's an RPG where you are on rails the whole time. Paper Mario, a RPG that was restricted to a 2d plane had about 500x more exploration than this game.

If I wanted to be stuck on rails I would have jumped in front of the 8:30 to Downtown. Disturbing but to the point.

- The game has battles and cutscenes, that's it. No one to talk to, nothing to do aside from watch and fight.

If I wanted nothing to do I would do nothing... obviously.

- The cutscenes have the worst pacing in the world. Someone will say 'The leader said that he hates all those from this town', then you will get a ten minute flashback cutscene of the leader saying 'I hate all those from this town' giving no extra information whatsover. So why have the flashback?

If I wanted bad pacing I would have... I don't know... got a bunch of dudes drunk and forced them to march to the Rastafarian remix of Royal Britannia.

-The battle system REQUIRES that at the start of the battle you select 'Autobattle' (the only option I might add) with the only input from the player being basically 'behave like a fighter/behave like a mage'.

If I wanted someone to do something for me I'd hire brett's mum.

-One of the main parts of the story is trying to work out which people are aliens. You can guess who is though within about five seconds as all the aliens have Australian accents. Because Australians sound like aliens.

If I wanted to talk to Australian aliens I'd go outside without my aluminium foil hat. Or to Chinatown.

- It cost over 100 million dollars to make and was the fastest selling entry in the series.

I'm depressed.

Anyway I planned this to be epic, funny and ... epic but I've been busier than yo ass over a triple decker chocolate cake... fatty.

I've fixed the comments btw, no more word verification, let the spam begin!

1 comment:

  1. odd all battles are auto fight, also gay. like jo' mumma, or something.

    ReplyDelete