Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Cheeseburger of Cheese.

It is well known that the nerdiest thing to possibily do is to read a multi part fantasy series. Well, maybe writing a multi part fantasy series while watching back to back episodes of Star Trek while listening to Rush and eating pizza on commerative X-Wing plates is more nerdy but you get the idea.

So today I went out to get George RR Martin's first book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (which I just discovered is being picked up by HBO) and they didn't have it. Instead I picked up a Terry Goodkind book, mainly because he had so many there I figured he must be decent. Then on returning home I find it is the second in a series.
Damn you Goodkind! How about writing that somewhere on the cover/back or first few pages!

This is my fault for wanting to read fantasy.

The last fantasy series I read was called 'The Book of Words'... I don't even need to make a joke about the title, it works on it's own.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah sing of ice and gay is meant to be good, but I've never read it. I tried giving one of goodkinds books ago but I couldn't get into it. Or at least I didn't fit after I put my foot in the first page.

    ReplyDelete