Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Doucheness

Kieren made a comment in the last thread about Billy's new songs. What I want to know is are they being released as he goes or are they done and are they being released in a steady stream (one every two weeks)?
That's an actual question by the way, I could look it up by myself but I could also keep typing about something else.

Also Teargarden By Kaleidyscope is a really wanky name but whatever, you take the good with the bad. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the idea of a made-as-you-go boxset either. Melancholy worked because it felt like a cohesive album. It felt like you were meant to listen to beginning and play it through to the end. I'm speculating here but I'm guessing playing the whole boxset beginning to end would be mishmashy, kind of like Machina 2... which I'm not sure if I consider an album.
Who cares.

Speaking of wanky, I have to get this off my chest... it's brett's mum's voluptuous manass. You read that right, MANass.
Anyway not that, I've been meaning to rant about something for a while now, over a year I guess, though I haven't had the time or whatever.

There was a dude last year (and presumably this year too) who used to walk around my uni with a wanky looking copy of 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' and quoted it to his friends and his friend's friends which is how I heard it.
Now this is what I have to say about it:
A) This guy is a major douche.
B) Why do it for? Are you trying to seem like you are some kind of deep philosopher who has a greater understanding of the universe and is therefor better than the people you are qouting it to?
C) If B is true then why are you quoting something that everyone who has every done a philosophy class has read, or is at least aware of. Something that your lecturer probably rammed down your throat.
It's like coming up to someone and quoting 'Tale of Two Cities'.
Wow! 'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times'. Holy Shit! Never heard that before and even if I had I never would have appreciated it unless you came up to me and quoted it while I'm eating my lunch.

What a fag.

That felt good. Now that's not to say I've never done douchey things myself but at least my doucheness is hilarious. Remember Aereon? Nay Neigh? What the fuck was I on.

Oh and Teargarden better have an album cover that approaches this greatness or I will be pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment